- "Igne natura, renovatur integra. "
- ― Through fire, nature is reborn whole.
The Rosenkreuz Orden or Rosencreutz Orden (薔薇十字騎士団|ローゼンクロイツ・オルデン,Rōzenkuroitsu Oruden) ("Order of the Rose Cross" in German) is an international terrorist group. It plays a part in many plots to start a war between the Vatican and the Empire. Although shrouded in mystery, the individual goals of different members lead to constant power struggles.
Their main goal is "igne natura, renovatur integra" ("through fire, nature is reborn whole"), to renew the world by destroying it.
Initially, the group was a small society within Berlin who considered themselves enemies to the Vatican, consisting of humans, vampires, and artificial vampires. After Isaak and Cain took over, the Orden grew into a powerful terrorist organization; smaller terrorist organizations rely on the Orden when they want something done.
Members[edit | edit source]
- Cain Knightlord (leader, Rank 10=1 Ipsissimus), referred to as "Mein Herr" (my lord) or "Contra Mundi" ("against the world").
- Isaak Fernand von Kämpfer (Rank 9=2, Magus ), nicknamed "Panzermagier" ("Wizard of Machine" or "Tank Mage"), "Wizard" or "Magician"
- Dietrich von Lohengrin (Rank 8=3 Magister Templi), nicknamed "Marionettenspieler" or "Puppeteer"
- Helga von Vogelweide (Rank 8=3 Magister Templi), nicknamed "Eishexe" or "Ice Witch"
- Gerhard Jodler (Rank 8=3 Magister Templi)
- Balthasar von Neumann (Rank 7=4 Adeptus Exemptus), nicknamed "Basilisk" or "Dragon King"
- Melchior von Neumann, nicknamed "Pygmalion"
- Radu Barvon (Rank 6=5 Adeptus Major), nicknamed "Flamberg" or "Flame Sword"
- Kaspar von Neumann (Rank 6=5 Adeptus Major), nicknamed "Hundert Gesichter"
- Susanne von Skorzeny (Rank 5=6 Adeptus Minor), nicknamed "Red Baron"
- Guderian, codename "Reißzahn", Isaak's bodyguard.
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Rosencreutz Orden written in the Old High German translates to "Rose-Cross Order." Although frequently translated as "Rosenkreuz Orden," the former spelling is the one used in the official novel artworks.
The Rosicrucian Order was a secret society said to have been founded in late medieval Germany by Christian Rosenkreuz. It holds a doctrine or theology "built on esoteric truths of the ancient past", which, "concealed from the average man, provide insight into nature, the physical universe and the spiritual realm."
"Inge natura renovatur integra" ("through fire, nature is reborn whole") is an alchemical aphorism invented as an alternate meaning for the acronym INRI. INRI is originally an acronym for "Iēsus Nazarēnus, Rēx Iūdaeōrum" represents the Latin inscription which in English reads as "Jesus the Nazarene, King of the Jews".
Their uniforms resemble the Nazi Waffen SS who have been known to have a fascination of the occult.